Home How To Windows 10 Mobile Hotspot Keeps Turning Off? Here is The FixWindows 10 Mobile Hotspot Keeps Turning Off? Here is The Fix
2. Once you are here, move to the “Mobile Hotspot” menu and disable the toggle for “Power Saving” located at the bottom. That’s it. This should stop Windows 10 Mobile Hotspot from turning off.
- Change Power Management Settings
1. If the above method didn’t fix the issue then follow these steps. Right-click on the Windows Start Menu and open “Device Manager”.
2. Now, expand the “Network Adapters” menu and double-click on the network card. It can be from Intel, Broadcom, Realtek, or any other manufacturing company. The network card usually sits on the top.
3. Here, switch to the “Power Management” tab and disable the toggle for “Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power”. Finally, hit the “OK” button and restart your PC. Now onwards, Windows 10 Mobile Hotspot will not turn off intermittently.
- Modify the Registry
1. If Mobile Hotspot on Windows 10 still turns off then you need to modify the Registry. Press the Windows key once and type “registry“. Open the first result.
2. Now, copy the below path and paste it on the Registry address bar. After that, hit enter. It will directly take you to the dedicated Registry page.
3. Now, right-click on the right-pane and select “Dword (32-bit) Value”.
4. Next, rename it as “PeerlessTimeout” and change the value data to 120. After that, click on “OK”. You have basically increased the hotspot timeout to 120 minutes. Finally, restart your computer, and this time, Windows 10 Mobile Hotspot will not turn off itself.
Windows 10 Mobile Hotspot Keeps Turning Off Solved
So that is how you can prevent Windows 10 Mobile Hotspot from sleeping automatically. As we saw in the instructions above, most issues are related to power-saving configurations. So just change the settings and you will have a working hotspot. If you keep having issues with Windows built-in Mobile Hotspot then you can learn to create WiFi hotspot using Command Prompt.
You can also check out our article on common Windows 10 problem and their solution. It will solve you the basic problems of your Windows PC. Anyway, that is all from us. If you are still facing issues then do comment down below and let us know. We will surely try to help you out.