This experimental release contains our Video conference mute feature plus everything in our v0.47.1 release. We know we have some issues and we have a main tracking issue – #6246.This version includes the following updates:
- Fixed an issue with the first hotkey input in the settings being focused when the page loads. Prevents unintentional shortcut reassignment. Thanks @niels9001!
To find out more about the Video conference mute utility, head over to our Video Conference Mute overview.
Current known issues and limitations:
- With some webcams, there is an incompatibility with Teams and the overlay image is not rendered, instead a corrupted frame is shown. If your camera has this quirk, please let us know the model in the [main tracking issue – #6246]
- The application preview (Teams, Meet, etc.) may show the overlay image flipped horizontally but that is expected, the image will show correctly to the other people on the call.
- In order to enable/disable the VCM, PowerToys should run as administrator
- Changes to some of the VCM settings require the application to restart to pick up the new values such as a new overlay image.
- In some cases, the overlay image can be shown flipped vertically (the workaround is to edit the image and flip it before selecting it).
- If the PowerToys Video Conference Mute webcam doesn\’t show up in the video conference app, try restarting the app and if still doesn\’t show up try restarting Windows.
Things to note
- This release will not be on WinGet. We are evaluating if this is something people would be interested in.
- This release is on the "Experimental" train, so only prerelease versions will be prompted for updates.
Source: Release Experimental v0.48.1 . microsoft/PowerToys . GitHub
See also: How to Download and Install Microsoft PowerToys in Windows 10