As you know, I am working on a project that supports people to activate their Microsoft software products using KMS license key. Many of you guys might be wondering why I only write guideline about the latest version of Office 2016 or Office 365. Is it possible to activate the older versions for FREE? The answer is YES, this is very possible but there is a problem need to discuss with you in greater detail below.
- Difference between Retail and Volume version
- 2 methods to activate your Office using KMS client setup key
- 1. The first method: Without using any additional library
- 2. The second method: Using an additional library extracted from installation folder of Office Volume
Difference between Retail and Volume version
If you are using Office retail, you can not use KMS method because it only supports volume version. However, in fact, it’s so much easier to use KMS license now because users could convert retail version to volume using a license files library bundled with setup file since Office 2016. But it is unfortunate that this library is not available in earlier versions (including Office 2013/2010).
2 methods to activate your Office using KMS client setup key
1. The first method: Without using any additional library
Legal way to use Office 2013 and 2010 for FREE
Time needed: 1 minute.
Supported products: Office 2013/2010 Volume editions.First, you need to open command prompt with admin rights, then follow the instruction below step by step. Just copy/paste the commands and do not forget to hit Enter in order to execute them.
The path depends on the architecture of the Windows OS you are using. If you are not sure what it is, don’t worry, just run all commands below.
if exist \”%ProgramFiles%\\Microsoft Office\\Office15\\ospp.vbs\” set folder=\”%ProgramFiles%\\Microsoft Office\\Office15\”if exist \”%ProgramFiles(x86)%\\Microsoft Office\\Office15\\ospp.vbs\” set folder=\”%ProgramFiles(x86)%\\Microsoft Office\\Office15\”if exist \”%ProgramFiles%\\Microsoft Office\\Office14\\ospp.vbs\” set folder=\”%ProgramFiles%\\Microsoft Office\\Office14\”if exist \”%ProgramFiles(x86)%\\Microsoft Office\\Office14\\ospp.vbs\” set folder=\”%ProgramFiles(x86)%\\Microsoft Office\\Office14\”
Make sure your PC is connected to the internet, then run the following command.
cscript %folder%\\ospp.vbs /inpkey:VYBBJ-TRJPB-QFQRF-QFT4D-H3GVBcscript %folder%\\ospp.vbs /inpkey:YC7DK-G2NP3-2QQC3-J6H88-GVGXTcscript %folder%\\ospp.vbs /sethst:s8.uk.tocscript %folder%\\ospp.vbs /setprt:1688cscript %folder%\\ospp.vbs /act
If you see the error 0xC004F074, it means that your internet connection is unstable or the server is busy. Please make sure your device is online and try the command “act” again until you succeed.
2. The second method: Using an additional library extracted from installation folder of Office Volume
Supported products: All Office 2013/2010 editions.
Step 2.1: Download the license files library then extract it. Move the library folder to the C drive.
Office additional library
Step 2.2: Follow first step of the method 1 above.
Step 2.3: Convert your retail license to volume one.
Install Office voulme licensescd /d c:\\libraryfor /f %x in (\’dir /b *\’) do cscript %folder%\\ospp.vbs /inslic:%x
Step 2.4: Follow the second step of method 1 above.
Finally, check activation status again.
Office is activated successfully
- Here is the virustotal result of the library: Office 2010 lib | Office 2013 lib
- Using the library makes many of you guys feel uncomfortable, I know. This is the reason why I did not want to write about Office 2010 and 2013. If you do not like using the additional library, please use Office 2010/2013 volume or upgrade to a newer version.